Wednesday 17 November 2010

She was a question to be answered, and his answer was I do.

Okay - its been a miiiiiiiiiiiighty long time since I have done one of these - And there has been far too much that has happened. Each major life changing event deserves a post of its own - so I shan't go into anything here - other than what I actually want to talk about.

Weddings.

Those of you who know me will know that I am a cynic to the core. Recently reminded that my mantra of choice was 'I am going to die alone with my face eating cat', I had to take a step back and examine my behaviour at the last wedding I attended this Saturday past. Even more concerning then sitting on a hedge thinking it was a ledge and somersaulting backward causing me to lose my keys and already badly cracked iPhone (hey - this is what Lady Gaga meant in Just Dance!) as well as making a rather obvious pass at an obviously straight man, horror upon horror, I cried! Genuinely cried! Me. Stone Cold and Heartless Me.

In any event - its been a year of weddings for me. Having attended at least 8, and losing all but one of my friends to a set of vows, its also been a year of complete freedom for me - I have come clean with everyone. Somehow thinking this would be the first push of a set of dominoes that would eventually leave me happy and wed - sadly not much has changed. So i was rather amazed that I was able to actually indulge in such tangible emotions - but I have figured it out!

This post is not my usual sob story of how sad and depressing life is for me - how I will probably never be able to find what I am looking for - how I feel that nothing has ever worked out properly (eeeek - I am doing it already! STOP!). This post is a small story about how happy I am for my friend.

This being the only shindig that I actually wanted to be at (and baked for - yes people - get excited!) it showed me the real point behind it all. Its about two people - being grown up enough to actually make a loyal and devoted commitmment to each other. Its not some soppy declaration of mushy feelings - but rather two people commiting to building a life together. In a world full of chaos and invariable transience - two people who couldnt be a better fit were able to affirm their decision to be bound together forever - this is the key thing I was able to take from this day.

So this is just my little way of wishing my good friend Nachos Sensei and her husband a lifetime of lifetimes of happiness.

See - and you thought I was a cynic!

1 comment:

wozzel said...

wow! miiiiiiighty long time is an over statement :) Nice to see you around ol' Cookie!!

and yay for your friends!!

and wow on so many weddings.

and, and - have an awesome evening.